Saturday, January 11, 2014

11/365 : An hour to live


give me an hour to live
and i'll dance truth blindfolded
splatter paints
across a naked lake of skin
kiss and kiss and kiss again

give me an hour
and i'll jump in the river
die with a wet head
shea buttered body
earth-fed, erotic

give me a hour
and i'll dig holes with my hands
finally understand
the hard brown brittleness
of my timelessness--

these hands
their lines
that are changing
and finding
their story
in the roots of
i'm not sorry to be this alive

give me a hour to live
and i'll give it all away
my attention on our ascension
eternal pupil
eye-to-eye

give me an hour to give
and i'll hold you
like i'm holding me--
freely
unconditionally
eagerly

like we all need
to be both inseparable
and instinctual--
wild and tied
to the inevitably wise
tethered together

give me an hour to live
and i'll build bridges
out of sticks
from my heart to your hips
from your hips to my forgiveness
from my forgiveness to our
tenderness

we're trying
we're trying
we're trying

give me an hour to live
and i won't miss it
on wishing
or fear
i'll give it all back
i'll give it all up
ya hear?

No comments:

Post a Comment