Monday, January 20, 2014

20/365 : Thank God for Wikipedia



I read the entire Wikipedia article about the human heart. Two reasons: 1. I couldn't erase the image of mine doing a strip-tease before yours, losing layers of sores and casting; unshackling from the sacks of shit it had worn like bandages--hoping they'd compost, grow chambers of happier songs. 2. You read things. Which is an understatement. You cannot stop deep-ocean diving. Which is accurate, but not necessarily a compliment, and I want to pay you the highest, so I will give you the best thing I can: my mirroring. I read the entire Wikipedia article about the human heart, because that's something you would do, and I like you. I like the entanglement of our chambers and the songs we sing wildly. I like the tango of our differences, and the way we kiss like promenades. I like wanting to know the cross-walk and the reverse-embrace and each new look on your face as days grow you older and opener. I like your hats, your handsomeness, your eyes dilating because your heart loves to love and your mind loves to learn how to let it. I like your courage, which some people call coarseness, but I think of more as a steady softness, sequoia strength. Which reminds me of something else I want to say: Don't stay. Go. Play. Play as hard as you can at becoming the man you desire. Tire and fill, teeter and till. Work hard because it feeds you and you like the taste of new. Learn cactus secrets and stories from grape residue. Meet yourself, Master Magician: there's nothing you can't do. And while you're pulling table cloths eaten by moths, I'd like to make a request: let me feed you, too. Things your heart wants to eat like Jewish red meat, and I don't mean people, I mean brisket and corn beef, matzoh ball soup that's bone-broth deep. Let me call you home. Hum that ancient song we've both known in our bones from before we ever etched pictures on stones. Before we knew tikkun olam, before we even knew om, the sound of sound, simple and profound. Underneath the ground of language, there is love, and it is speechless. Let us give it. Let us take it. Paint our chambers red and blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment