Friday, May 2, 2014

122/365 : who i find out there



i hate the way love sweeps me away
into a dustpan of forgetting

forgetting to grocery shop
forgetting to sleep
forgetting to see my best friend perform
forgetting to write my poems

i don't forget to pray when i'm all alone all day
i don't forget to stand strong in the circle
and sing for the fallen
and dance with the weathered
'til we all feel a bit better

no, when i'm single
i always remember my prayers

until love marches in, wet
and then i always forget
how temperamental
joy can be

how much i still need
to stand like a tree
palms of my feet facing upward
breathing stalwart
like i could hold the pose forever

remembering that there is never another
who can fill my belly's hunger
who can close my glow-glazed eyes
who can show up in this body, in this time
who can write the story i want to live inside

remembering
it's not about
who i find
out there


No comments:

Post a Comment