Friday, July 11, 2014

192/365 : to my poetry pen pal part 3


I forgot
Your phone number
For now

My stomach hurts
From the green chili peppers
In the beef stew
(Homemade broth)

I can go so long 
Remembering 
How to avoid the things 
That hurt me
Until I forget again

I liked following the trail
Of faces and sounds with you
It felt kind of scary
And I wanted it to feel 
Sexy or at least sweet
But scary was good because
We still loved each other
In the end
In the during
In the scary

I was afraid to hurt you
When we were rolling around 
Hardwood
I felt like I could break you
Fat kid complex
Maybe also true?

I don't feel free feeling careful
I feel scared

And even still
There's a staying happening
Amidst a hundred tiny riots
And that feels like 
Healing 
Or maybe better--
Like creativity 

When you dance,
You are a firework,
But freer

My face lights up
Nostalgia swarms my heart

I belong face-to-face
With the explosive

No comments:

Post a Comment