Saturday, July 26, 2014

207/365 : You are in


Tonight the stars tickled the back of my neck
And the grass hugged my hips happy

I didn't need your lips
But they were a bonus of moon drooling ever-so-still-cruising across the craters of my heart

I take it back
I needed them--

I keep pretending I can do this practice alone 
But your hand is missing in the fold of my knee every time I'm overthinking and under cuddling 
Every time I'm caught pretending that I can make out with myself 
I'm glad it's you who catches me
With my teeth surrendered
My jaw drawn like an open bridge
Your tongue swimming in 
Plunging in 
Diving and back stroking and butterflying in
In in in 
You are in the wet mystery of me 
You are in the silent rhythm of me
You are in the forgotten heat of me
You are in the tunnel, the darkness, the light, the drive
You are in, driving, driving in the moonlight on the back country road to nowhere but now, 
hands and music and lips and quiet reckless dreams that we never say aloud
You are in my shout 
My rapture
My clenched fist full of sheets 
My dripping sweaty belly beats
My mudslide sacrifice
My secret cubby 

You are in, and I am between your body and god
A little orb of fairy glow
A little chance for you to know
You can have the heavens in the palms of your hands
You can fuck your prayers 
You can lay unravelled there in the lap of your lady
Like a little boy in a happy home 
Like a cottonwood seed
Floating in a puddle of holy love

No comments:

Post a Comment